Please note: these positions are currently volunteer-based!
Collective Culture is seeking writers and copy editors. We are looking for people who can work interchangeably between these positions. The ideal candidates will have excellent written and oral communication skills, knowledge of the popular culture landscape, the ability to work well in a team environment, and have an invested interest in the queer and POC community.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Edit copy and content material for grammar, syntax, and clarity
- Creating content for our newsletter
- Conducting interviews for CC: Creative Conversations
- Creating content for Get Cultured!
- Working to develop new content ideas for Collective Culture
- A regular week with no content launches 0 - 2 hours
- Content launch weeks 2 - 6 hours
Writer's hours depend on the projects and events taking place.
- You do not need to be located in Toronto but you must be available for weekly meetings (via phone or skype)
- Excellent verbal and, written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- Can be contacted via email
- Can use Google Docs and Google Calendar
- Previous experience in copy editing is an asset but not required
- an invested interest in gaining experience in copy editing
- Experience doing interviews is preferable.
- Having published work is ideal. However, we are also looking for emerging writers with no published work who are interested in gaining experience. If you have no published work please include 2 of your strongest pieces along with your resume. If you have published work please make sure there are links included in your resume.
How to Apply:
Please send a brief cover letter, a resume that includes a sample of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference “Copy Editor” in the subject field. We are looking for people who can work as both writers and copy editors but, if you are more comfortable doing one over the other please specify why in your cover letter. If there is no note about a specification we will assume you are able to do both.
Deadline to Apply:
Thursday, January 23, 2020